2007年10月29日月曜日

Exciting Yatai Night

On Friday, I was bored at home watching TV after school. My friend, Akihiro called me and said "Let's go to Fukuoka to drink!" I asked "Why don't we just drink at some izakaya in Kumamoto?" He said "I wanna drink at a yatai!" I loved the idea so I decided to go all of a sudden to Fukuoka that night.
Yatai is a kind of booths mainly serve beers and other alcohols and some food like Japanese oden or ramen. It's usually a tiny space so you can get very close to other customers. So you can make friends with others in yatais very easily. There is no yatais in Kumamoto but in Fukuoka, there are many. I had been to yatai once so I knew what it was like, and I love drinking at yatai.
He came to pick me up at around 7 o'clock and we headed to Fukuoka on the freeway. It took about 1 and a half hour to get there. We arrived in Hakata and saw many yatais on the street. We parked the car near the area that yatais gathered. When I got off the car, I felt it was a bit cold. When we started to walk, I felt even colder. As we were walking, we were selecting which yatai we were getting in. And we decided to get into one to have gyoza. We ordered 2 beers and 1 plate of gyoza as sson as we got inside. It was delicious, perfect match with beer. And I loved the atmosphere in the yatai. We spent like an hour in the yatai and moved to another one to eat oden. This time we ordered shochu. It was also delicious and perfect match with shochu. It was cold outside, but it was always warm inside yatais.
After we ate and drank enough, we went to karaoke and slept there. We came back to Kumamoto Sunday afternoon. It was very exciting Friday night.

[303 words]

0 件のコメント: